In order for your Easy Digital Download store to function with the FastSpring payment solution, you’ll have to configure its webhooks.
Webhooks are needed, so that each payment and interaction with FastSpring is also logged and processed on your EDD store (WordPress site). They’re easy to setup and I’ll show you how in this step-by-step article.
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard and go to the plugin settings: Downloads » Settings » Payment Gateways (tab) » FastSpring (sub-tab).
- Here you will see all settings for our FastSpring for EDD plugin. The thing we need from this settings page is your site FastSpring webhook url. Look for the FastSpring Webhooks Setup (required) setting and copy the URL in bold (next to the “Your webhook URL:” text).
- Now login to your FastSpring dashboard and go to Integrations » Webhooks.
- Click on “Add Webhook” button in the top right corner. Give it a title (example: “My EDD store webhook”), leave everything else as is and click on “Add”.
- Click on “Add Webhook URL” in the bottom left corner of your new webhook.
- Paste the webhook URL you copied from your EDD store settings into the URL input.
- (optional, but highly recommended) In the HMAC SHA256 Secret input, you should write a “password” (that you should make up) and then copy and paste the same password into the FastSpring Webhook Secret setting in your plugin settings (where you copied the webhook URL from. Don’t forget to save the plugin settings). This will make your payments more secure.
- Check the following checkboxes in the Events section:
- Click on the “Add” button.
That’s it! FastSpring webhooks are ready! 🙂